New Job, New House, New Furniture!

Sunday, May 7

Monday is my first final and I'm not so sure I'm ready yet. Math 110 was pretty easy when I went to class so hopefully it won't be too bad. I'm very glad that I will have tons of freetime to study this week...

Why? Because I did quit IHOP on Friday. That was totally unlike me, but I'm in Nacogdoches for a reason and if studying doesn't fit into IHOP's schedule--well, I don't fit into their's either. I apologized...that didn't change anything so they really didn't care. I felt really bad that night, but I feel much better about my decision now that I've had more time to ponder on it.

I was called in to work Saturday and today at the CLC/Hebrews Cafe. Man, I really remember why I liked this job now! It is so easy and you get to work with different people. The only downfall is that it is boring when no one is in the building. I tried to entertain myself by cleaning the windows--yeah I stink at that and streaks were everywhere. I am TERRIBLE at cleaning glass...maybe I'll find an easier way to do it this summer.

This morning was my first time to work at the Hebrews Cafe in the youth/contemporary Worship building. Making the coffee drinks isn't hard at all! When I get more comfortable with things I'll be able to go faster. I really think that coffee shop can be used as a wonderful ministry tool. People come for the coffee, you chat with them for a while, and invite them to .5ive, church, or whatever. I love interacting with people! Now the only gripe I really have is the fact that we close RIGHT when church is starting. Then people (students especially) kind of wander around until they are finished drinking stuff while the service has already started. I have a bad feeling about that. I don't like the fact that people lounge around at their leasure finishing their drinks or just waltz into the sanctuary w/ their cookies and drinks. Some people don't even go into the sanctuary and just sit outside drinking cokes and coffee. Personally, (and I'm not the boss) I think we need to close earlier and make the cafe a sort of before Sunday school thing. That's just me and I might be wrong.

Last night Justin and I stayed up really late moving him into his room here in Lufkin. We hope to both be moved in by Wednesday and then all we have to do is check-out after our last final on Thursday. Stress-free! I will be living with Justin and his family this summer. My room is taken by my Uncle Virgil...I'm happy about this because I'll be treated like the adult I am. What, I can stay out after midnight??

Soon I will be going over to Suzanne Russell's daughter's house to see about some furniture she is giving away. GIVING away?! It might be a dud, but I figured I'd try to see what they have to offer. I mean, my love seat and couch are in AWESOME condition and they were only $100. Fun, I love getting furniture!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad things are working out for your summer! I just left a comment telling Justin that we should meet up this summer. Maybe Scott and I could drive down one weekend and go to church with you guys. afterall, we are looking for a new church. the drive every Sunday might be a problem though. =)

good luck on your exams!