I Want to Know

Thursday, April 27

The end of the semester is near and I want to know what to do next. I'm currently looking for a job in Lufkin so that I can actually save money instead of spend it all on gas. Cotton Patch isn't going to work out like I thought it would. A weird thing happened though: I was up at First Methodist for .5ive this past Wednesday and I really wanted to go and just chat w/ Mark Gipson. (a member of the church that I've known since I was old enough to and my former boss) Well, everytime I walked up there something came up and I wasn't able to talk to him. Then Justin walked up to him and I followed...when he got up there he forgot why he walked up there and that gave me the perfect chance to talk to Mark. Basically what ended up happening was Mark started the convo offering me a job at the CLC this summer. Ummm, I didn't even have to ASK for a job!! So that was really cool...they are gonna see how many hours they can give me and if it is enough that would be a BIG blessing.

Here lately I've really been struggling with the fact that I still don't know what I want to do with the rest of my life. I really wish that I had grown up doing something that I was passionate about and could apply to my future. (teaching, music, sports...something!) Nope. I just I want ONE thing that I can work on and feel moved to pursue. PLEASE!! I'm just stuck right now taking classes and wasting MY money on classes that I may or may not use for my final degree. I mean, I LOVE serving people and always have...so, what am I gonna be? A waitress or a shoe-shiner?? Ugh.

Housing for the Fall still hasn't ironed out. I didn't get my scholarship from the Alumni foundation. Tuition is going up, up, up. IHOP has s-l-o-w business. I don't know what I wanna be! Bleh.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Standard answer: You can excel at anything you set your mind to.

Reality: It's tought to know what we want. That's why God's got it figured out and all we have to do is follow, right? That's such a tough one to live by because I am doing the same thing I am saying not to....doubting. I personally believe you would make an excellent teacher. I think you'd be great at anything you set out to do, but I think teaching would be something you'd do really well with.

That's my two cents...anyone else?