Shopping Smopping

Saturday, February 9

Yesterday Justin and I went shopping in Lufkin. I hate shopping. I love the idea of shopping though. The thought of stuffing several bags into our car, hanging them up at home, and wearing fresh new clothes. So, I trick myself into thinking that I want to go shopping. Poor Justin, if only you asked him how many times I've elected to go shopping and then we get there and I change my mind. Why don' t I like shopping? I mean, aren't I supposed to? Here's why:

1. It is important to me that I pick clothes out that are modest. Does that even exist? Pants are made to be low and tight. Shirts are made to be high, low, and tight. So I usually find only one article of clothing at any given store.

2. When I find something that I feel are both cute and modest....it isn't in my size! My body must be shaped oddly if I can't find anything in my size.

3. Is it possible to buy a shirt without "100% Angel" or "Foxy" written on them? I don't want to be pessimistic, but....I doubt it.

So Justin and I left the mall with a few shirts. The both of us feeling very bummed.
~~~~~~
While I was getting Mandi settled at my in-laws yesterday I found a Pilates DVD! I've read up on what pilates is and have discovered it is a mixture of yoga and martial arts techniques. It focuses a lot on breathing techniques, spinal alignment, and elongating your muscles instead of making them short and bulky. When I think of the breathing techniques I can't help but to remember my voice class where we had to imagine the "floating orb above us come into our bodies and travel down"....and that sort of seems weird to me...nonetheless, I plan to do floor mat pilates every morning! I'm not one to pick up things that are "trendy", but stretching has always made me feel good.

***PERSONAL GOAL ALERT***
I will wake up each morning starting tomorrow, do pilates, quiet time, brisk walk (maybe even nudge Justin out of bed for that), and start my day! Even as I type this I remember how fun it was to sleep in this morning...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great goals - I have similar every morning :)