No Dogs Allowed

Thursday, January 5

I had so much fun yesterday! Sean (Justin's mom), Katie (Justin's little sister), Justin, and I went to the Metroplex for Justin's after-surgery check-up eye appointment. Everything was fine, Justin has been healing pretty well, but things are still kind of glareish for him. All-in-all his doctor seemed VERY proud of himself for the outcome of the surgery. :) Before the appointment, however, all of us went to the Parks mall so that Sean and I could get a haircut at Toni&Guy's. Oh my goodness! I have never been to a haircut place like that before. Tam (my haircut guy) took my coat, asked me if I wanted a drink, gave me a massage, styled my hair, AND gave me tips! I have never been pampered like that before. Then, Justin and I went to the Sunglass Hut and picked out some sunshades (Justin's treat, awwww) for half price. Yep, my first and only pair of Ray Bands!

Now to the title of my post...on the way back from Dallas we stopped at a gas station in Jacksonville. All of us wanted a snack and had to use the restroom. Justin and I were the last to walk in and as soon as we did the man (most likely the owner, but said that he wasn't) told us that Larry could not go in. Justin said Larry was a guide dog and that it was ok. Nope, the man told us that someone had to wait outside with Larry because no dogs were allowed in the store. I then emphasized the fact that he was a guide dog that helped Justin get around because he is blind, and that it was illegal to not allow him to come in the store. The man, STILL said that Justin and Larry could not go in. Sean then got involved and informed him that he was breaking ADA (American's Disability Act)...the man didn't budge. To say the least, Justin got the name of the store, we didn't buy anything, and all of us had to use the restroom somewhere else.

0 comments: