Cha Cha Cha Cha Change

Tuesday, September 4

Congo is creepy. I really didn't get that far into it. I ended up leaving town a lot later than I expected, so it was very very dark while I was driving in the boonies.

Gorillas chewing people's faces off+Dark woods+Weird looking moon=Paranoia.

This weekend I was able to meet the people Justin has been talking about since this time last year. They were so nice! I was even able to meet Justin's man crush: Matt, the bassist. I was very dissappointed with the amount of time Justin spent with Matt...after all he spoke so highly of him. It just didn't seem very "crush-like" to me. I guess that's what happens when you invite your wife. Overall, I had a good time.

I am supposed to be home with Justin right now, but I received a call today that informed me I'd be working all day. I'm finding out more and more how much I don't like change! I find my little cozy spot and want to stay in it. Today I had planned to get home, relax with Justin, and have enough time to make a big meal before he goes to practice. Now I'll just feel rushed.

I found out today that just because I have a student holiday, it doesn't mean my online course does. Not only did I miss a chat meeting on Sunday (which was okayed by the prof), but I missed a billion other things! Evidentally these people live on the computer because there were a lot of topics on the discussion board that I had no idea about. There was this survey I was supposed to fill out on Saturday, and an assignment due today. When did he announce this? It wasn't in the syllabus...I'm both confused and discouraged.

The hospital I work at has been advancing in technology. I used to say that part of my job was hanging films, but we are all digital now. Now my job is to answer the phone and handle paperwork. We started the process of going paperless this week. Am I getting weeded out? Although it will take a little bit of time to be fully paperless, it still worries me. I've started to grow frustrated with my job. I feel like I'm not accomplishing anything. People get x-rays 24/7. There is never an end. I never go home feeling like I've completed something because I know tomorrow morning we'll just be playing catch-up with all the x-rays taken that night. I'm not sure if I do any good for people. Every other job I've had just felt different. I know I don't want to do this for the rest of my life. I miss people. I miss serving people and knowing that there was a need met.

So I freak out about change. I let it ruin my day. I need to get over it.

I'VE BEEN MARRIED TO JUSTIN FOR ONE MONTH TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

didn't i tell you about Congo!?