A Little Behind

Friday, August 31

My friend Amanda would be very proud to hear that I watched the Pirates of the Caribbean for the first time.....and loved it! It took me a couple of days to watch because I haven't had much time to watch movies, but I was still able to enjoy it. I'm not really sure why I haven't seen this movie yet...I seem to always be the one that starts to enjoy something as it is nearing its' end--not to say that Pirates is ending soon, but there are three movies now!

For the last several months I've been getting into and actually following Gilmore Girls. That ended. I am starting the second book in the Harry Potter series, because I just read the first one last fall and loved it!

Am I cheating myself? Am I missing out on the feeling of excitement and anticipation towards the next release of whatever? Or is it an advantage to just watch/read things straight through once it ends?

Tonight I am driving to Livingston to spend time with Justin while he is on his gig this weekend. It should be fun! I hardly ever get to see Justin play his drums outside of worship on Sundays. I remember when I was able to basically sit through every practice Justin had. He is so talented! I love to be able to sit back and watch him serve the Lord by doing something he is so passionate about.

One of the doctors gave me a book on tape to listen to. So I guess I will be listening to Congo on the way up there. I never saw the movie (although I do remember Pepsi sponsored it) , so whatever happens will be a total surprise. I just hope the monkey doesn't die. Might Joe Young made me cry, and it is always awkward to show up somewhere looking like you've cried. It is about a monkey/ape/gorilla or something right?

Goodbye for now!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

ummm...i don't think you'll like the monkeys in congo. You will want them to die...trust me. if you scare easily, don't watch the movie. of course the book is way better, but the movie was good too. yes, i did read a book!