Saturday, June 16

I just sent out my first batch of 'Thank You' cards today, and I am greatly disappointed in the selection of stamps since the price change. I know that people don't look at what kind of stamp you use on their letters, but handwritten letters sent via the United States Postal Service is a rarity (for me) and I would like to make it special by having a stamp that is wedding themed. It could be two birds kissing, a Hershey's Kiss, a heart, the word love, wedding bells...I don't care! I have nothing against the Liberty Bell itself, but the stamp is ugly.

I guess I wouldn't be too disappointed if my handwriting wasn't so bad! I really do enjoy thanking people, sending letters, and just expressing how much I care for them. Unfortunately no matter how heartfelt it is, anything from me looks like I carelessly put it together. I even write really really slow, but it still looks like a little kid's handwriting...
And that is why email is better.
My signature is worse. It has gotten progessively worse over the last 2 years. I think it is because Justin lets me sign receipts and checks for him and for some reason I feel as though I have to recreate his signature or else a S.W.A.T. team will come after me. Or do I have to sign like him? Well, the dilemma is that now I'm signing my name with his handwriting! I don't know how to sign any other way. What happens when my last name is Romack? Will I just put an 'R' followed by a bunch of scribbles? I need to reverse this now or I will forever hate my handwriting. Any rock stars out there wanna teach me how to get a new signature?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HOW DARE YOU!!!!

You should NEVER talk bad about my hand writting. I am totally embarrassed.

Well, I will get over it, eventually...

Anonymous said...

Not that I'm a rock star or anything but I do get comments (mostly good) on my signature so i thought I'd share.

What I did was practiced the 'P' and the 'J' until I found one that I really liked. Make them unique and intestesting yet easy to write really fast. The rest of your name isn't that important EXCEPT for ascenders and decenders ( L's g's k's etc)

And you totally need to get Justin a stamp of his signature. I have one that SFA gave me when I worked there and it totally rocks. Purple ink too!

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much Paul! I will start practicing tonight when I am watching Gilmore Girls...a stamp eh? Don't get me wrong, I don't mind signing his name, but that is a good idea.