My Busy Weekend

Monday, June 25




Friday- After work, I packed up, headed to Lufkin, met up with a group of people, and rode to Tyler to pick up my NEWLY ALTERED/IRONED/CLEANED wedding gown!!!! It is more beautiful than what I remembered to be plus it fits now. I was happy. I also purchased a very pretty dress from the clearance rack that is the exact same dress I am using for my bridesmaids, but a different color--I'm going to wear it for the formal night on our cruise. I ended the late night in Tyler with a delicious mint chocolate-chip shake from Brahms.





Saturday- Wow. Saturday was a really long day for me. I woke up early to get gussied up and make my hair appointment. I loved the new place I went to! This was my first time to try out Paradise Salon, and Kelli did a fabulous job! She was trained and worked as a manager at Toni and Guy. (I love that place!) I even made an appointment with them for my bridal portraits. After my haircut I went to get a manicure and pedicure. This was the only time I would be able to do this before my bridal appointment on Tuesday. Then I went to see Justin, eat some lunch, freak out, and go to my shower. First of all, I will say that it was GREAT! The decorations were beautiful, and the people were very loving. The shower was overwhelming though! Everyone wanted to talk to me, and watch me....."sit here", "go there", "look at this!" I enjoyed it, but I'm not one to want loads of attention. And I feel weird about having a party where people show up and give me gifts. It was fun though!

I took the gifts to my parents house and then picked up Justin for his gig. I stayed with him for as long as he needed my help. Then I went to my parents' house to address invitations. My handwriting is still horrible (THANK YOU JUSTINA FOR YOUR BEAUTIFUL HANDWRITING!) and we didn't finish. I picked Justin up around 1ish, we left at 2ish, and arrived in Nacogdoches 3:30ish. I went to sleep at 4ish.

Sunday- I went to church, and then to Lufkin. Justin and I relaxed at his parent's house for a while, and planned a few details for the rehearsal dinner with his mom. We went to the mall to look at tuxes and buy his wedding band. The tux place was closed, and we had to wait for some more information before we could buy his wedding band. Justin and I went back to his house so he could get ready for his gig in Arkansas.


I worked all day today so that I could be off all day tomorrow for my bridal portraits. The studio called and cancelled because of the weather though. Now I am going to work tomorrow morning, and will still go to Lufkin to take care of some cake business, and reception stuff. Oh, and to finish those stinkin' invitations!

0 comments: