A Country Day

Saturday, March 4


I have this theory that it is better to listen to country music on days like today...blue skies, breezy, sunny, and just really pretty! So, I like to call days like this "country days". In fact, the picture above I took today is of my FAVORITE flowers on campus. I like to call them "sleeping flowers" because they close up during the night and open in the day. Aren't they beautiful? I THINK they are tulips though...anyway, the colors remind me of the field in the Wizard of Oz for some reason.

Nothing too terribly extraordinary happened today. I woke up and went to class, helped Justin get ready for his gig in Tyler this weekend, sent him off, watched some TV, and went to work. I really hope tomorrow is just as pretty as today was b/c I really want to clean my car and take some pictures of the ducks and more plants. I enjoy my digital camera...this is my favorite season!!! Everybody should take the time to look around every once in a while....everything is just so gorgeous.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you liked the book! I was scared you wouldn't and then you would think I was some wacko because I couldn't stop gushing over it (thought I am still a wacko - my family is full of 'em!). =) I absolutely loved the last few pages. The symbolism was so extremely deep. I had a hard time reading through the tears as I kept thinking that Michael was God and I was Sarah running towards God. Weird, huh?

Hope you are having a great weekend!

<3, Tracy

Anonymous said...

Hey, I ain't no wacko!(Yes, I did use ain't....the title is called Country Day" for pete's sake!)

Anonymous said...

of course you are a wacko Justin! all Bethmann's are. I just learned to embrace it, and I think it is time for you to do the same!

and Angela, sorry for my typo. English teachers should really proof read before hitting enter. should have been "though" I am still a wacko, not "thought".

Have a good week!