Texarkana and a New Cell Phone Provider!

Tuesday, February 28


Sunday Justin and I (in pic) drove to Texarkana to hang out with Tim and Rhonda (Justin's Dad and Step-Mom) at The Cracker Barrel. I had never eaten there before and I have to say that I wasn't all that impressed with their mashed potatoes and gravy. On the other hand, their chicken fried steak was delicious! The trip up there was awesome, since it was one of our first full days of sunshine and I actually got there with no trouble. (phew) I have had trouble with mapquest in the past, but this time they didn't fail me!

Today Justin and I went to Lufkin to inquire about our cell phone plan. Yesterday Justin had called our provider and found out that we were no longer in a contract due to a mix-up on their part. Yay! We had been having problems with the service lately and this was our open door to get out pain free. So now I am happy to say that we have a new service provider!! On top of that we took a chance to see if I could have it in my name and lo' and behold I have credit now! It feels nice to be able to pay a bill that is actually in my name and not my mom's. The bad news was that my phone with the pretty flashy lights won't work with our provider...sadness. I wasn't able to get a new phone for myself, but Justin got one and gave me his old phone. The phone isn't even a year old so I was happy to get it AND I got a C-U-T-E pink holder for it to make it last.

As you might have noticed I finally broke down and got a MySpace. I've never really liked it because of the massive amount of advertisement on the profile, but I found a way to customize it just for me!

Oh! And if you want something to entertain you for a bit go check out Todd Wright's conversation starter on his blog and comment on it! Until later...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that picture is ADORABLE! too, too cute for words!

have you started reading Redeeming Love? I promise you won't be disappointed. I can't wait to get it back after like 12 people read it and read it again! another wonderful Christian fiction author is Karen Kingsbury. I know what you mean about being skeptical of Christian fiction writers, but she is awesome. I fall in love with all of her characters are so real!

Hope you guys have fun on your mission trip and that God does might things through you guys!

<3 Tracy

Anonymous said...

*characters (oh the irony of my mistakes!)

Anonymous said...

*grr* typo. English teachers should never have typos! =) should have said "I fall in love with all of her character because they are all so real." =)