Good News

Wednesday, February 1

A lot of people already know this, but IHOP hired me Monday. I am so excited! I don't feel like a lazy bum anymore, I can pay all of my bills, and no more applications for a while! YAY! This will be my first time to work with food ever. I'm actually really nervous about it because when it comes to food people are picky, and HUNGRY! I am also a klutz. My first day on the job was yesterday so I showed up in my TredSafe shoes, black paints, boy dress shirt, and a pink tie. Luckily my trainer is my friend Kali who worked at ETI with me. She is very very sweet, and according to the managers the best server. The manager plans on getting me on the floor by myself by Saturday because she really needs the help, so I have a lot of homework to do in the meantime. (memorizing the menu and the 6 Service Steps)

MORE good news: I actually still get to go on the GBC CrossPoint Spring Break Mission Trip! I am super excited about that. My team is going to Mississippi...yep, that's right, a 7 hour drive! I just love how Michael puts the mission trips together. We are handed a notebook that has everything we need in it. Our team will be taught how to write support letters to raise the money, and we will be meeting every week to have a devo and just get to know each other. We also learn a lot about the place we are going to before hand. For instance, my place is drenched in poverty and Justin's place was hit pretty hard by the hurricane. I have so much more to say about this, but I need to go get ready for work. BYE!

0 comments: