How Would You Like Your Eggs?

Monday, February 6

This week has been very busy between school, training @ work, and just thinking about decisions that need to be made. Friday night was my first night on the floor by myself as a waitress, and so far I LOVE this job! I don't mind being on my feet all night b/c it makes the time go by very fast. With this job I get to just help people, and tidy up. Hey, it even reminds me of a game I used to play on the computer where you were the waitress and you had to sit everyone and give them their food as fast as possible. I'm a dork, but it's fun!

Today was my 2nd meeting with the team for the Spring Break Mission Trip. I can't say enough how much I enjoy the way we are going about everything from raising support to preparing ourselves for the actual trip. This is gonna be a great Spring Break and I can't wait!

I've been having to think a lot of things over this week. (sorry for being so vague) The one thing that I really want to learn though is how parents are suppose to treat their children--in all aspects--Biblically. I don't mean on decisions like when are the children suppose to start dating or anything like that. I mean: what are the parents suppose to provide for their children? How do healthy families act? Are the parents responsible for their children over the age of 18? I know a lot of those things are up to the parents and are a matter of opinion.....just something I've been thinking about.

Oh, I have a little side job now. For only a couple hours every other day or so I sit in a room at disability services and read text books out loud to be recorded. It isn't the most interesting job in the world, but it helps the visually impaired students AND earns a little bit of money. Well, I've gotta go to bed b/c I've gotta be up early to read and go to class!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay for your new job! I L-O-V-E IHop! Scott doesn't like it, so I don't get to eat it much, but they have the best pancakes. I always order the pigs in blankets.

please observe for me while you are working: do more people eat their pancakes in stacks or separate? just curious. I can't stand eating them in stacks. I always ask for an extra plate so I can put the extras to the side and have only one on my plate at a time. am I rare? =)

Anonymous said...

Yes you ARE rare! I've watched our customers at IHOP eat, and most of them keep their stacks stacked. A lot of people move their pancakes to the bacon, egg, hashbrown plate. On the other hand, younger children eat their pancakes separately. Don't let this discourage you though...stand your ground and eat your breakfast the way you wanna!

Anonymous said...

you are adorable. just thought you should know! =)