Vacation Day 1: A Walk, Dinner, and a Movie

Saturday, March 26

I could have ran to my car when I got off of work yesterday! This past week was so stressful and made me realize how much I need to develop a plan to deal with stress so it doesn't bother me for long periods of time. Plus, it's just not healthy to be stressed so many days out of the week. And over things I cannot control! So, to say the least, I was very happy for Friday.

I plan to post what we do each day of our "Spring Break". I might miss a couple days, but don't worry, chances are all we did was sit around in our underwear anyway. Can I count the weekends as part of our vacation when I normally get that off? I will. It makes me feel better.

(Mandi, our dog, in the front yard and ready for a w-a-l-k!)

After I got home and voiced my anguish from the horrible week, Justin and I decided to take the dogs on a walk. Mandi was very excited because we haven't been on regular walks since Larry's knee surgery. I brought my new camera to practice taking pictures.

(Justin's shoe and Larry's paw--they are a team.)

Although short, the walk was nice. The fresh air was what I needed after I got over the initial frustrations of figuring my camera out. (It has been so long since I took the photography class that I've forgotten everything.)

After the walk, Justin and I went to dinner at Chuy's. We were going to go to Texas Roadhouse, but that place is crazy every.single.night. Chuy's is awesome though! It is our replacement for Cafe Del Rio, a mexican food restaurant in Lufkin that we will forever miss. The employees at Chuy's always greet us when we walk in, knows Larry by name, gives us seats to wait in, offers a braille menu to Justin, and makes awesome food. You should definitely go the the College Station Chuy's when you get a chance!

We ate on the patio which is the perfect place for conversation, and we can sit closer together. Plus, the weather was great for outside eating!

Whitney and Josh Taylor, our neighbors, invited us to see Limitless with them at, get this, the 11:30 showing! I am an early to bed, early to rise kind of girl. We had a great time and I didn't fall asleep during the movie not once!

Limitless was kind of a "trippy" movie that included romance, action, disgusting bodily fluids, and suspense. Overall, it was a good movie. I recommend it to anyone who doesn't mind weirdness.

First day of vacation down...nine more to go!

1 comments:

Kalena said...

So I have loved Chuy's since 2008 when I had my first awesome experience but they now have extra cool points with me for being so accommadating to my friend Justin! I love when a company makes sure that EVERYONE is comfortable!