Life in Bryan: Entertainment

Tuesday, March 22

The BCS area has a small town feel, but is packed with so many fun things to do! Justin and I have tried our best to experience a little bit of everything this past year. I can't wait to see what else we discover this upcoming year.


Movies

Since living here, Justin and I have watched so many more movies than we every have! Yes, Nacogdoches/Lufkin had a movie theater, but the tickets weren't $4.50 for a nighttime movie. (HELLO! What a good deal, right?) No longer will we wait for a movie we absolutely want to see to hit DVD. This, my friends, is a perk. Should I mention that we are still using our SFA student id's? Is that bad?

Broadway

That's right, BROADWAY! One day I heard an advertisement on the radio for the Beauty and the Beast broadway show in OUR town. Oh my, when I heard this I was dropping major hints for Justin to take me. He did, of course, and it was amazing! I have always been very partial to anything Disney and have loved theater most of my life. I got teary eyed just hearing the opening song which sounded IDENTICAL to what I've heard on the movie since I was little. It was beautiful. It was perfect. And it was all just three minutes from my house.

Recently, a co-worker had a spare ticket to Mama Mia, which she offered to me. I had never seen the movie and I'm very happy the live performance was my first time to see the story. I loved every bit of it even though I sat by myself. The best part is the end where the entire theater is turned into a huge disco party! I suggest that you see this show if you can.

Aggie Sports

We definitely jumped on this bandwagon too late, in my opinion. You have not experienced a sporting event until you've gone to an Aggie game. The yells, signs, and straight up Aggie spirit makes for a fun time no matter what the outcome is. (Of course, we'd ALL prefer when the Aggies win.)

I recently went to an Aggie basketball game. Justin and I took his brother, John, and sister, Katie. We bought our white Aggie shirts and enjoyed the game! I can't wait to go to a football game this fall! Justin is at the SFA vs ATM baseball game as I type. I'm most definitely jealous!

~~~

I can't wait to see how many more new experiences I have this upcoming year!

0 comments: