Life In Bryan: Our Living Quarters

Saturday, March 19

When we were looking to move to Bryan, we had a difficult time finding a place to live. We couldn't decide if a house would be the best thing for us, but we would have loved to move in one! Unfortunately, most of the houses in Bryan that were in our price range, were not in a decent location. Justin and I had fallen in love with the neighborhood another band member was in, so we rented the two bedroom/one bath town home next door to him.


The two of us are notorious for living in a place and not making it "our own". In Nacogdoches, it was a year before we hung up any pictures! I'm just always so scared I'll mess something up, that I don't do anything at all. Now that we have been here for almost a year, we have decided to make this place feel like home. In the past two weeks we have managed to:

1) Fix the front door from leaking air (by hanging our renewal notice over their heads)
2) Attach a gate to our back patio (again with the renewal notice...)
3) Replace broken blinds (yes, the leasing agency did this too)
4) Hang vertical blinds on the sliding door (that's all us...no more hot/cold living room!)
5) Buy a new dining room table (the other was a hand-me-down that was on it's last leg)
6) Tear down the TACKY wallpaper in the bathroom and paint it to match everything else in the house (special thanks to my brother-in-law, Nick)

I see picture hanging, curtains, and plants in our future! All this to say, I really like where we are right now. Although I never imagined us to be in a place without a backyard so long, I really like our home. I like to continue to make this place our home too.

We've decided to stay here for at least one more year (most likely more) to take advantage of the cheap rent and to save as much as we can. And I'm okay with that.

2 comments:

cphillips1007 said...

I'm loving having a girlfriend as a neighbor! Glad yall are staying!

Angela said...

Me too! I'm so happy you guys moved right behind us! You need to figure out what show will be replacing The Bachelor. :)