August 8th Or Bust!

Tuesday, July 22

Just 13 more days until our 1 Year Wedding Anniversary! I am so excited and can't even begin to explain all that I have learned this past year. Unfortunately, due to a series of unfortunate events (did anyone like that movie?) I will be working all-stinkin'-day on the 4th. My co-worker scheduled to be off that day not long after our wedding. I will now give you a moment to boo and hiss at the fact that I will be working on a very important day to be off...



But that is not why I am typing this post. Well, it kind of is, but not really. Justin recently received a phone call announcing that he needs to be in Austin for a technology evaluation the Friday after our anniversary. Therefore we are now celebrating on the weekend after our anniversary in Austin, TX!!!



I have NEVER been to Austin--never, ever. So I am very excited that we get to go on a non-doctor, non-gig related trip to the state capitol. Although technically it is still a trip we have to make because of the technology evaluation, but that will only take up a small amount of time and the rest is ours to spend however we want! NOW, I'm getting to the point of this post...

Kalena, a friend of ours, had a great blog series on Austin in which she talked about some cool spots they visited and why they liked them.

I need your help too. I have researched like crazy. Now answer me this...

Have you been to Austin?
If we had to see one thing while in Austin, what would you recommend?
Any other interesting or out of the ordinary spots we should visit?
Do you know where to get some good eats?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a former Austinite. There is amazing food and entertainment! Far too much to chronicle in a comment. Give me a shout and I'll help event plan for you.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love Austin! You've got to visit my buddy Felipe at the Austin House of Prayer (AHOP) -- I'm pretty sure Justin knows him.

Anonymous said...

I'm interested to hear what you have to say David...you will be hearing from one of us.

Oh, I'm familiar with the "Buffalo Theory" Paul. Is the AHOP a church?

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your anniversary! I hope you have a fun trip!

Anonymous said...

www.austinhouseofprayer.com is the website -- it's not a church but they partner with churches and their goal is to eventually have 24/7 prayer for the city of Austin!

Anonymous said...

You need to try and eat downtown at Frank and Annie's. They make amazing pizza!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you and Justin are celebrating your anniversary the SAME way Carl and I did! We had a blast on our "Weekend after our Anniversary trip to Austin". I hope yall have fun too!

Anonymous said...

I lived in Austin for a few years but it was way back in the 80's..

I doubt my favorite places are still there.. in fact I know that Pee Wee's Bar B Que is gone.

Austin is an awesome place. Enjoy yourselves.. I'm sure Runnels won't steer you wrong...but if the Filling Station is still there.. or Mat's El Rancho..Chewy's hmm I might need to make a fact finding trip to dear old Austin myself..

Anonymous said...

Ok Chuys is good but not good enough for the wait. If you like Thai food, Madam Mam's on the drag is excellent. So is Pho and the Tapioca House (a tea shop) across from Doby mall on the drag. Realize most places I know are close to campus because that's where I lived. Baby Acapulco's (Baby A's) has amazing mexican food. I know a VRT who has a band there called Infinite Partials. You should see one of their gigs if they have any that weekend. Look them up on MySpace. I'm leaving for Georgia soon, so call me so we can do something. 936-240-9488. (It's Stephanie Steed Hyde)