Tales from The Road

Thursday, October 18

Okay, so my co-worker is back at work and feeling better. She doesn't have to have her surgery earlier than planned, so hopefully complications will be less likely. I'm glad she is back.

Evidentally I didn't spend enough time in my astronomy books this week because I didn't do too well on the test. I think stars are pretty, but that doesn't count. I am bad at science. I am bad at science. How many times have I posted that?

Justin and I were driving to our small group tonight when we came to a stoplight. Before I go on let me tell you that when it comes to driving I am....cautious. Or maybe I just second guess myself too much. Sometimes people (mostly young ones) think I am too cautious so they give me a "polite" honk (note sarcasm).

So yeah, we came to a green light, but I had to turn left. There was no arrow, and there was an oncoming car. After the car passed, I probably had enough time to go, but I didn't because it was turning yellow. The guy behind me honked. I automatically got upset. Not road rage do a little sign language mad....just annoyed. I looked back and he made some sort of gesture. I of course was sure that it was a, "Give me a break old lady!" gesture.

When it was my turn to go I went. He followed up behind me. But then pulled to the lane beside me speeding up. At this point I was saying things like, "Oh my goodness, could you BE any ruder?" or "I can't believe these people!" How much of a hurry can someone be in? I've had guys pull up beside me in anger giving me mean looks before because of my cautiousness.

Well, I was quick to judge. When I looked at the truck beside me it was my pastor, Justin Beadles, trying to wave at me. Open mouth insert foot.

THE END.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the record, I did not honk. It was the person behind me. The look on your face was priceless!!

Anonymous said...

The conversation within our car was getting me rather heated...

I just know that for a dude who doesn't drive, I sure have an enormous amount of road rage....I'm am getting better though.

Anonymous said...

OH, so it was a big jerk who honked. I don't feel too bad now.

Anonymous said...

you should have flipped him off! i bet the look on HIS face would have been priceless! Beadles should take over Finns blog. He's not using it.

Romack, i understand you're newly weds...but please save the heated conversations for the bedroom. do us all a favor!

Anonymous said...

ok when are YOU going to post something??!?!?