Snow Day 2010

Saturday, February 13

It actually snowed in East Texas! I'm used to it snowing, but never ever does it stick. Well, until Thursday night...

I knew there was a chance for snow. I was expecting the usual rain/snow mix that just looks pretty falling. Justin was out of town, so I was in my warm apartment watching a chick flick. After the movie I noticed there were a lot of voices coming from outside. I looked out and it was snowing! REALLY snowing!!


So naturally I get Mandi leashed up and go outside with everyone else. I learned very fast that it was dangerous to have Mandi outside with it as slippery as it was, so I put her back inside the apartment.

There were neighbors I've never met and children I never knew our complex had outside. Everyone was enjoying the snow in their own way with their own friends/family.

I admit, I was very sad Justin wasn't here to enjoy the snow with me. I know he hates to be wet and cold, but I love to experience "firsts" with him. Well, this *was* my first time to play in the snow so I wasn't going to let Justin's absence get me down! I decided to build a snowman.

Wow, it is kind of hard to build a snowman! That or I just lack the necessary skills. I tried to observe others' techniques, but they were able to gather snow 2x or 3x as fast as me. I had my mixing bowl and pink gloves on and gathered as much as I could.


Do you like him? Does he resemble a snowman in the least? He has a blank face because I couldn't stick the baby carrot in without his head falling off and the blueberries I had wouldn't stay in. I had to go back in because I was *freezing* and the snow had turned into rain. Yuck. I knew for sure the snow would be gone the next day.

Wrong again! While I was asleep it snowed more. I peeked out the window Friday morning to see this beautiful snowy day. I put my robe and my gorilla slippers on and let Mandi run around outside. My boss even called and said that I could have a Snow Day!


My Snow Day was wonderful! I played with Mandi outside for a while, opened the blinds to see the beautiful snow all day, and even made cinnamon snow cream! Now Justin can't give me a hard time for having our snowman wreath up in February--it snowed for Pete's sake!

1 comments:

Romack said...

You need to blog again...

Seriously.