A New Lifestyle

Monday, February 8

For a while now, I've been trying to change our lifestyle a bit towards the healthier side. My family has a history of obesity, heart disease and diabetes, so I really want to stay as healthy as I possibly can. I've never fooled myself into believing I could change everything all at once, but I feel like every baby step counts towards something.

Here's what I've (we've) accomplished so far:

-We have changed our diet. If you only knew how picky my husband is, this would surprise you! We have fully switched to ground turkey in place of ground beef. I just recently worked in whole wheat flour and hope to stick with it. I've been making a fruit smoothie every morning and eating veggies for snacks. We have slowly transformed our meals to healthier options. I'm proud of what we've done so far just because Justin is so picky!

-No Caffeinated Beverages...I'm the only one really trying to do this. No, I'm not saying I won't get a sweet tea from McDonald's every now and then, but I'm definitely trying to stick with water and Sprite Zero on most days! I want my energy to be real and not fake.

-Made ourselves more active. I'm not where I want to be regarding disciplined daily exercise. We have made a point though to be more active each day.

--THE GOAL--

I guess the main reason I'm putting this all down is because I want to see my/our progress. Maybe now that it's out there I'll be more convinced to wake up each morning early enough to exercise. :) I really have a strong desire to live a healthier lifestyle. I know I'll feel and look better. Plus, it's good to change our lifestyle now rather than when we have children who are used to eating one way and having to change it all around.

2 comments:

Kalena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kalena said...

good for yall! I made the nix on caffeine a few years back. After a while you will be surprised how much energy a Dr. Pepper will give you if you really need it! It's like crack to me now! Good luck with the picky husband! Carl eats like a five year old boy, mac and chee and chicken nuggets! VERY FRUSTRATING!