Life And Such

Thursday, January 17

This morning Justin and I were going to be ahead of the game. We knew we would be doomed if we were late to our first class. So, I woke up and went to work to get things organized while Justin got ready for school. Our plan was to be able to relaxe before going to school, eat some waffles, and just talk a little. Ya know, instead of running around the house grabbing all of our stuff last minute like we normally do. It is amazing how one little thing will mess up your plans. Instead of eating breakfast and just sitting around before class we went outside and ran...

After Mandi. I accidentally let her out. Loose. Running crazily around the apartment complex. Eating dirt. Sniffing dogs.

Now at this point usually, (this has happened before, but doesn't happen often) obedience is out the window. There is no way we could possibly ever get her to obey our commands when she knows she is free. So we just try to trick her. First, we leave our front door open. Then, Justin and I run around the complex until she chases after us and into the house we run! This time Larry thought it would fun to run around with Mandi. (what? we have another dog? you mean we can't leave the door open?) We had to yell at Larry to go to his bed. And after so so many frustrating moments I finally got Mandi in the house and in her stinkin' crate. I would have normally let this ruin my morning, but Justin was so patient and caring that I couldn't let it.

When it comes to school I am very encouraged! I am taking more communication classes, but a different kind: Interpersonal Communications and Human Communication. Up until now I've been taking mainly broadcasting communication classes and well, the classes I'm taking this semester seem to be a bit deeper. It is refreshing to have classes that aren't just about the business of programming to attract audiences just to make more money. PLUS, my teachers for those classes are awesome....1) they are Believers, 2) they are actually invested in the students. Dr. Towns quote: "That is some neat bling you have on there, sir."

I'm so proud of Justin!! He is taking 18 hours and dang, that's a lot of schoolin'. I know its been only one week, but he is seriously handling all those classes in one day like a champ. I couldn't do it.

That's that. Life is good. I'm sore from the running around. I have lots of reading to do.

0 comments: